Terms and Conditions
GUEST RENTAL AGREEMENT AND POLICIES
SANDY KEY, A CONDOMINIUM
AGENT: SANDY KEY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION, INC. (“SANDY KEY or SKOA”)
13575 Sandy Key Drive #117 Pensacola, FL 32507
Office: 850-492-2101 Fax: 850-492-0590 email@example.com
- RESERVATION PAYMENTS & ADVANCE RENT: A minimum of 25% advance rent payment is required at time of reservation. Final payment is due in full 14 days prior to arrival (may not apply to monthly rentals).You may pay with cashier’s check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. You will be charged for the entire length of stay reserved and will not be refunded for checking in late and/or checking out early.
- CONFIRMATIONS: You will receive a confirmation letter after we receive your advance payment. Please verify your arrival and departure dates, reserved accommodations, and rental amount due. Please contact us immediately if you find a discrepancy, otherwise it will be assumed correct. Please return your signed rental agreement within 7 days of confirmation.
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS: All online reservations are charged 25% advanced rent payment unless your arrival date is within 14 days in which case your credit card will be charged for the full amount. A confirmation letter will be emailed to you at time of reservation. All website reservations are subject to e-mail confirmation of rates to guest within 72 hours of booking. In the event your confirmed rate is higher than your booked rate- you will be given the option of cancellation with 72 hours of notification without penalty.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of $100.00. Short Term Reservations: Your advance rent payment less the cancellation fee will be returned if the reservation is cancelled 30 days prior to arrival. No refunds will be issued for any reservations cancelled within 30 days of arrival. Long Term Reservations (monthly): Your advance rent payment less the cancellation fee, will be returned if the reservation is cancelled 60 days prior to arrival. No refunds will be issued for any reservations cancelled within 60 days of arrival. To prevent loss of rental payments, we strongly recommend purchasing Trip Insurance. All refunds due to you will be processed and refunded to the credit card initially charged. Hurricane Policy: Should a hurricane threaten our area and a “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, Sandy Key will not issue a refund of any rent payments. For that reason, we encourage all renters to purchase trip insurance for their own protection before the tropical event is named.
- TRIP INSURANCE: Sandy Key is proud to offer for additional purchase by our guests one of the best vacation rental insurance policies in the industry. CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION can cover you and your vacation investment if and when the unexpected happens. Questions in regard to CSA TRAVEL PROTECTION can be obtained by calling (866) 999-4018 or reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website at www.csatravelprotection.com.
- DAMAGE WAIVER: A non-refundable damage waiver of $39.00 is added to each reservation and covers you and your traveling party for any accidental reported damage to the unit or its contents for an amount not to exceed $1000.00. This damage waiver does not cover damages by unauthorized pets or willful or gross negligent behavior that results in damages. Any damages exceeding $1000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. Please report any damage to the front desk as soon as possible.
- OCCUPANCY: The total number of persons allowed in the unit at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each unit- 6 people in a 2 bedroom and 8 people in a 3 bedroom (exception for infants under age 2 and unit limits due to bedding configuration). Eviction without refund is the penalty for violation of the stated occupancy. We are very serious about maintaining a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of all our guests. We will rent to responsible adults only. NO PROPERTIES WILL BE RENTED TO ANYONE UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE. No children will be allowed to check-in without their parents. Reservations made under false pretenses will result in eviction, forfeiture of the total amount of the rent, and any extra charges incurred by Sandy Key. Absolutely no student groups or house parties will be tolerated.
- PETS: Our units are NOT pet friendly. If a pet or evidence of a pet is found, immediate eviction and a forfeiture of the total amount of the rent will occur. A penalty of up to $500.00 will be charged for extra clean up and flea treatment.
- CHECK-IN PROCEDURES: Check-in time is between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on date of arrival at the rental office. Due to our high standards of cleanliness, not all units will be ready for check-in promptly at 3:00 pm. We ask for your patience and suggest that you have alternate plans available in case the unit is not yet ready.
- LATE ARRIVALS: We will be happy to leave an arrival packet containing keys and additional information for guest arriving after our office is closed provided they have paid their rental balance in full and have signed this rental agreement. Please call our office for late arrival instructions.
- PARKING: Sandy Key authorized permits are required. Parking is limited to 2 vehicles for a 2 bedroom unit and 3 vehicles for a 3 bedroom unit. Permits are issued at time of check-in and are valid until time of check-out. Vehicles without permits will be towed at owner’s expense. We cannot guarantee available parking spaces during peak occupancy weekends in summer. PROHIBITIONS: Boats, trailer, jet skis, campers and motor homes, and multi-parking space vehicles are prohibited. However, with permission of the SKOA Manager, they may be parked for a limited period of time in a designated area on a first come, first served basis. No such boat, trailer, or vehicle may be lived in while so parked.
- CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: Check-out time is 10:00 am on date of departure. Please return all keys and pool bands to the Sandy Key office. DO NOT LEAVE KEYS OR POOL BANDS IN THE UNIT. All guests and belongings must be out of the unit when the keys are returned to the office. If our office is closed when you check-out, simply drop your keys in the key drop box next to our front door. Because of safety and security concerns, there will be a charge of $125.00 per set to replace if the keys are lost or not returned at check-out. Also, please make sure to return all pool bands provided to you. Failure to return the pool bands will result in a charge of $25.00. To avoid additional cleaning charges, please do the following before departure: leave the unit reasonably clean and in order; leave kitchen items clean and returned to their proper place; dispose of trash in proper outside containers; leave all beds unmade and linens on the floor; and lock all doors and windows. Inspection crews will inspect properties for damage. Failure to follow these instructions may result in additional cleaning charges up to $500.00. Sandy Key is not responsible for any property lost or left behind. Smoking is not allowed in our rental units. If evidence of smoking is found there will be a minimum charge of $225 to have carpets and furniture cleaned. Any additional charges will be charged to the guest’s credit card on file.
- FURNISHINGS & EQUIPMENT: You are renting a privately owned condo. It has been decorated and equipped to satisfy the particular tastes and desires of the owner. Please be considerate of the belongings of the owner and to the people who will be renting the property after you. Please do not rearrange the furniture, take any items outside that are part of the interior decor, or move any furnishings or kitchen items to another property. Locked closets are maintained by homeowners for personal use. Please respect these areas.
- REPAIRS & REFUNDS: Our maintenance / housekeeping staff are here to make sure your vacation condo is in the best condition that it can be. If you should discover otherwise, please report it to us immediately and we will correct it as quickly as possible. However, no refunds will be given for failure or breakdown of appliances, outages of electricity, water, cable, or telephone service, A/C units, or hot tubs. No guarantee is made that the pool will be heated. We will make every effort to address any item in need of repair as soon as possible. Sandy Key employees and/or authorized repairmen may enter the premises during normal business hours for any purpose pertaining to repair, improvement, care, and management of the premises. Sandy Key will make every effort to notify you ahead of time.
- SUBSTITUTION: We reserve the right to substitute property in the event your property is unavailable due to circumstance beyond our control such as sale or maintenance issues (but excluding weather events). Sandy Key will make every effort to relocate your reservation, but cannot guarantee another property will be available. In the event that we are unable to fulfill your reservation, you will be notified as soon as possible and any advance payments will be fully refunded without penalty.
- RATES: Rates are subject to change without notice.
- GRILLS: Use of outdoor grills on balconies is prohibited. Grills are provided in common area; however, we cannot guarantee their working order or availability. Only self-lighting charcoal is permitted. Please make use of the hot coal buckets provided by Sandy Key for cleanup.
- FIREWORKS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- MANAGEMENT: All rental properties are privately owned. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to refuse rental or to discontinue occupancy if, in our judgment, your occupancy is detrimental to the property. As such, Sandy Key may refuse accommodations to any person whose conduct on the premises of the establishment displays intoxication, profanity, lewdness, or brawling; who indulges in language or conduct such as to disturb the peace or comfort of other guest; who engages in illegal or disorderly conduct; who illegally possesses or deals in controlled substances as defined in chapter 893; or whose conduct constitutes a nuisance. Such refusal may not be based upon race, creed, color, sex, physical disability, or national origin. In the event any occupant of a reserved unit is refused accommodations and must be removed from the Sandy Key property, you will be entitled to a refund only for additional nights remaining on the reservation at the time of removal. The unit and the Sandy Key property may not be used for any unlawful purpose.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
BEACH TENTS/ CANOPIES MUST BE NO LARGER THAN 10 X 10. There may be times when beach tents/ canopies usage will be restricted. Beach tents/ canopies must be placed behind the beach service lounges.
Each tenant, guest or invitee is governed by, and must comply with the provisions of, Florida law (Chapter 718), the declaration of condominium, the documents creating the association, and the law association bylaws which shall be deemed expressly incorporated into any lease of a unit. Actions for damages or for injunctive relief, or both, for failure to comply with these provisions may be brought by the association or by a unit owner against any tenant leasing a unit, and any other invitee occupying a unit. The prevailing party in any such action is entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees.
Please be advised that we only allow Saturday- Saturday stays in the Peak Summer season from June- August.
The conditions and information contained in this Guest Rental Agreement have been read carefully and accepted by me on behalf of all members of my party. I agree to abide by such conditions and limitations. I agree that my liability for this reservation is not waived and agree to be held personally liable in the event that any person, company, or association fails to pay for the full amount of the charges. I hereby agree to the ejectment and removal of myself and all others in my party by SKOA should any provision of this rental agreement by violated. This agreement constitutes a contract between the renter and SKOA as agent of the property unit owner.
Please read and sign below and return by mail, scan/ email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (850)492-0590 to Sandy Key Owners Association, Inc.